To read any of our publications, click on the title of the paper in the list below. If you cannot access the article through the publishers website, contact us here
(69) R. Thimmappa, D. A. Walsh, K. Scott, M. Mamlouk, Diethylmethylammonium Trifluoromethanesulfonate Protic Ionic Liquid Electrolytes for Water Electrolysis, Journal of Power Sources, 2020, 449, 227602.
(68) J. W. Jordan, G. A. Lowe, R. L. McSweeney, C. T. Stoppiello, R. W. Lodge, S. T. Skowron, J. Biskupek, G. A. Rance, U. Kaiser, D. A. Walsh, G. N. Newton, A. N. Khlobystov, Host-guest Hybrid Redox Materials Self-assembled from Polyoxometalates and Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes, Advanced Materials, 2019, 31, 1904182.
(67) W. D. G. Gonçalves, M. Zanatta, N. M. Simon, L. M. Rutzen, D. A. Walsh and J. Dupont, Efficient Electrocatalytic CO2 Reduction Driven by Ionic Liquid Buffer-Like Solutions, ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 4170-4175.
(66) S. Amin, J. M. Cameron, J. A. Watts, D. A. Walsh, V. Sans and G. N. Newton, Effects of Chain Length on the Size, Stability, and Electronic Structure of Redox-Active Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Polyoxometalate Micelles, Molecular Systems Design and Engineering, 2019, 4, 995-999.
(65) A. Delorme, V. Sans, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Tuning the Reactivity of TEMPO during Electrocatalytic Oxidations in Room-Temperature Ionic Liquids, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2019, 7, 11691-11699.
(64) D. E. Smith and Darren A. Walsh, The Nature of Proton Shuttling in Protic Ionic Liquid Fuel Cells, Advanced Energy Materials, 2019, 9, 1900744.
(63) A. J. Kibler, C. Martin, J. M. Cameron, A. Rogalska, J. Dupont, D. A. Walsh and G. N. Newton, Physical and Electrochemical Modulation of Polyoxometalate Ionic Liquids via Organic Functionalization, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2019, 3-4, 456-460.
(62) W. Sangchoom, D. A. Walsh and R. Mokaya, Valorization of Lignin Waste: High Electrochemical Capacitance of Lignin-derived Carbons in Aqueous and Ionic Liquid Electrolytes, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018, 6, 18701-18711.
(61) S. E. Goodwin, J. S. Gibson, R. G. Jones and D. A. Walsh, An Ultra-high Vacuum Electrochemical Mass Spectrometry Study of Anodic Decomposition of an Ionic Liquid, Electrochemistry Communications, 2018, 90, 111-115.
(60) S. E. Goodwin, S. Muhammad, L. -P. Tuan and D. A. Walsh, The Contrasting Effects of Diethylmethylamine during Reduction of Protons and Oxidation of Formic Acid in Dimethylmethylammonium-based Protic Ionic Liquids, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2018, 819, 187-192.
(59) D. A. Walsh and S. Goodwin, The Oxygen Reduction Reaction in Room-Temperature Ionic Liquids. In: Wandelt, K., (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry: Surface Science and Electrochemistry, 2018, Vol. 5, 898–907.
(58) S. Goodwin, D. Smith, J. Gibson, R. G. Jones and D. A. Walsh, Correction to Electroanalysis of Neutral Precursors in Protic Ionic Liquids and Synthesis of High-Ionicity Ionic Liquids, Langmuir, 2017, 33, 13902.
(57) S. Zhu, A. Pathigoolla, G. Lowe, D. Walsh, M. Cooper, W. Lewis and H. W. Lam, Sulfonylative and Azidosulfonylative Cyclizations by Visible-Light-Photosensitization of Sulfonyl Azides in THF, Chemistry A European Journal, 2017, 23, 17598-17604.
(56) S. Goodwin, D. Smith, J. Gibson, R. G. Jones and D. A. Walsh, Electroanalysis of Neutral Precursors in Protic Ionic Liquids and Synthesis of High-Ionicity Ionic Liquids, Langmuir, 2017, 33, 8436-8446.
(55) S. Goodwin and D. A. Walsh, Closed Bipolar Electrodes for Spatial Separation of Hydrogen and Oxygen Evolution during Water Electrolysis and the Development of High-Voltage Fuel Cells, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9, 23654-23661.
(54) S. Y. Liew, D. A. Walsh and G. Z. Chen, Conducting Polymer Nanocomposite-based Supercapacitors, In Handbook of Conducting Polymer Hybrids, Springer Series on Polymer and Composite Materials, Springer International Publishing.
(53) H. Matabosch-Coromina, R. Mokaya and D. A. Walsh, Bridging the Performance Gap between Electric Double Layer Capacitors and Batteries with High-Energy/High-Power Carbon Nanotube-based Electrodes, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (Hot Article) 2016, 4, 14586-14594.
(52) M. del Carmen Gimenez-Lopez, A. Kurtoglu, D. A. Walsh and A. N. Khlobystov, Extremely Stable Platinum-Amorphous Carbon Electrocatalyst Formed within Hollow Graphitised Carbon Nanofibers during Oxygen Reduction Reaction, Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 9103-9108.
(51) S. Goodwin and D. A. Walsh, Hydrogen Electrooxidation under Conditions of High Mass Transport in Room-Temperature Ionic Liquids and the Role of Underpotential-Deposited Hydrogen, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2016, 120, 11498–11507.
(50) E. Majd, A. Ejigu, G. Stephens, D. Walsh, G. Z. Chen and A. Croft, Developing Energy Efficient Lignin Biomass Processing - Towards Understanding Mediator Behaviour in Ionic Liquids, Faraday Discussions, 2016, 190, 127-145.
(49) A. Speidel,. Mitchell-Smith, D. A. Walsh, M. Hirsch and A. Clare, Electrolyte Jet Machining of Titanium Alloys using Novel Electrolyte Solutions, Procedia CIRP, 2016, 42, 367-372.
(48) H. Matabosch-Coromina, D. A. Walsh and R. Mokaya, Biomass-Derived Activated Carbon with Simultaneously Enhanced CO2 Uptake for both Pre- and Post-Combustion Capture Applications, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4, 280-289.
(47) A. Ejigu, M. Edwards and D. A. Walsh, Synergistic Catalyst-Support Interactions in a Graphene-Mn3O4 Electrocatalyst for Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 7122-7130.
(46) A. Ejigu, P. Greatorex-Davies and D. A. Walsh, Room Temperature Ionic Liquid Electrolytes for Redox Flow Batteries, Electrochemistry Communications, 2015, 54, 55-59.
(45) S. Y. Liew, D. A. Walsh and W. Thielemans, Polyaniline- and Poly(ethylenedioxythiophene)-Cellulose Nanocomposites for Supercapacitors, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2014, 18, 3307-3315.
(44) D. A. Walsh, Ultramicroelectrode Voltammetry and Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy in Room Temperature Ionic Liquids, In Ionic Liquids: Electrochemical Fundamentals and Applications, Ed. A. A. Torriero, Springer, 2014.
(43) A. Ejigu and D. A. Walsh, Electrocatalysis in Room Temperature Ionic Liquids, In Ionic Liquids: Electrochemical Fundamentals and Applications, Ed. A. A. Torriero, Springer, 2014.
(42) J. C. Moore, E. S. Davies, D. A. Walsh, P. Sharma and J. E. Moses, Formal Synthesis of Kingianin A based upon a Novel Electrochemically-Induced Radical Cation Diels-Alder Reaction, Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 12523-12525.
(41) M. Rezayat, R. K. Blundell, J. E. Camp, D. A. Walsh and W. Thielemans, Green One-Step Synthesis of Catalytically Active Palladium Nanoparticles Supported on Cellulose Nanocrystals, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2014, 2, 1241-1250.
(40) A. Ejigu, D. A. Walsh, The Role of Adsorbed Ions during Electrocatalysis in Ionic Liquids, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2014, 118, 7414-7422.
(39) D. A. Walsh, A. Ejigu, S. Muhammad and P. Licence, The Formation and Role of Oxide Layers on Pt during Hydrazine Oxidation in Protic Ionic Liquids, ChemElectroChem, 2014, 1, 281-288.
(38) D. A. Walsh and W. Thielemans, Cellulose Nanocrystals as Templates for Durable Supercapacitor Electrodes, In Production and Applications of Cellulose Nanomaterial, Eds. M. T. Postek, R. J. Moon, A. W. Rudie, M. A. Bilodeau, Tappi Press, 2013.
(37) S. Y. Liew, D. A. Walsh and W. Thielemans, High Total-Electrode and Mass-Specific Capacitance Cellulose Nanocrystal-Polypyrrole Nanocomposites for Supercapacitors, RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 9158-9162.
(36) D. A. Walsh, A. Ejigu, J. Smith and P. Licence, Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxygen Reduction in a Protic Ionic Liquid, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15, 7548-7554.
(35) S. Y. Liew, S. Shariki, A. Vuorema, D. A. Walsh, F. Marken and W. Thielemans, Cellulose Nanowhiskers in Electrochemical Applications, In Functional Materials from Renewable Sources, ACS Symposium Series, Volume 1107, 2012, Chapter 5, 75-106.
(34) L. Johnson, A. Ejigu, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Hydrogen Oxidation and Oxygen Reduction in Protic Ionic Liquids, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 18048-18056.
(33) A. Ejigu, L. Johnson, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Electrocatalytic Oxidation of Methanol and Carbon Monoxide at Platinum in Protic Ionic Liquids, Electrochemistry Communications, 2012, 23, 122-124.
(32) L. Johnson and D. A. Walsh, Tip Generation-Substrate Collection-Tip Collection Mode Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy of Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2012, 682, 45-52.
(31) K. R. J. Lovelock, A. Ejigu, S. F. Loh, S. Men, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, On the Diffusion of Ferrocenemethanol in Room-Temperature Ionic Liquids: An Electrochemical Study, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2011, 13, 10155-10164.
(30) L. Johnson and D. A. Walsh, Deposition of Silver Nanobowl Arrays using Polystyrene Nanospheres both as Reagents and as the Templating Material, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2011, 21, 7555-7558.
(29) L. Johnson. W. Thielemans and D. A. Walsh, Synthesis of Carbon-Supported Platinum Nanoparticle Electrocatalysts using Nanocrystalline Cellulose as Reducing Agent, Green Chemistry, 2011, 13, 1686-1693.
(28) A. Ejigu, K. R. J. Lovelock, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Iodide/Triiodide Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquids: Effect of Viscosity on Mass Transport, Voltammetry and Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Electrochimica Acta, 2011, 56, 10313-10320.
(27) L. Johnson, A. Niaz, A. Boatwright, K. T. Voisey and D. A. Walsh, Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy at Thermal Sprayed Anti-Corrosion Coatings: Effect of Thermal Spraying on Heterogeneous Electron Transfer Kinetics, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2011, 657, 46-53.
(26) S. Shariki, S. Y. Liew, W. Thielemans, D. A. Walsh, C. Y. Cummings, L. Rassaei, M. J. Wasbrough, K. J. Edler, M. J. Bonné and F. Marken, Tuning Percolation Speed in Layer-by-Layer Assembled Polyaniline-Nanocellulose Composite Films, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2011, 15, 2675-2681.
(25) C. Y. Cummings, A. H. Roweth, A. K. Z. Ching, A. T. A. Jenkins, J. M. Mitchels, S. Shariki, S. Y. Liew, W. Thielemans, D. A. Walsh and F. Marken, Facile Cation Electro-Insertion into Layer-by-Layer Assembled Iron Phytate Films, Electrochemistry Communications, 2010, 12, 1722-1726.
(24) S. Y. Liew, W. Thielemans and D. A. Walsh, Electrochemical Capacitance of Nanocomposite Polypyrrole/Cellulose Films, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 17926-17933.
(23) D. A. Walsh, K. R. J. Lovelock and P. Licence, Ultramicroelectrode Voltammetry and Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy in Room-Temperature Ionic Liquids, Chemical Society Reviews, 2010, 39, 4185-4194.
(22) K. R. J. Lovelock, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy in Ionic Liquids, In Electrochemical Properties and Applications of Ionic Liquids, Eds. A. A. J. Torriero and M. J. A. Shiddiky, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2010.
(21) C. Zuliani, D. A. Walsh, T. E. Keyes and R. J. Forster, Formation and Growth of Oxide Layers at Platinum and Gold Nano- and Microelectrodes, Analytical Chemistry, 2010, 82, 7135-7140.
(20) K. R. J. Lovelock, F. N. Cowling, A. W. Taylor, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Effect of Viscosity on Steady-State Voltammetry and Scanning Electrochemical Microcopy in Room Temperature Ionic Liquids, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2010, 114, 4442-4450.
(19) L. Johnson, W. Thielemans and D. A. Walsh, Nanocomposite Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts formed using Bioderived Reducing Agents, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2010, 20, 1737-1743.
(18) K. Benaissi, L. Johnson, D. A. Walsh and W. Thielemans, Synthesis of Platinum Nanoparticles using Cellulosic Reducing Agents, Green Chemistry, 2010, 12, 220-222
(17) S. -Y. Ang and D. A. Walsh, Highly Stable Platinum Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction formed using Supercritical Fluid Impregnation, Journal of Power Sources, 2010, 195, 2557-2563
(16) S. -Y. Ang and D. A. Walsh, Palladium-Vanadium Alloy Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction: Effect of Heat Treatment on Electrocatalytic Activity and Stability, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2010, 98, 49-56.
(15) D. A. Walsh, L. E. Li, M. S. Bakare and K. T. Voisey, Visualisation of the Local Electrochemical Activity of Anti-Corrosion Coatings using Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Electrochimica Acta, 2009, 54, 4647-4654.
(14) W. Thielemans, C. R. Warbey and D. A. Walsh, Permslective Nanostructured Membranes based on Cellulose Nanowhiskers, Green Chemistry, 2009, 11, 531-537
(13) A. W. Taylor, F. Qiu, J. Hu, P. Licence and D. A. Walsh, Heterogeneous Electron Transfer at the Ionic Liquid/Metal Interface studied using Cyclic Voltammetry and Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2008, 112, 13292-13299
(12) R. Tel-Vered, D. A. Walsh, M. A. Mehrgardi and A. J. Bard, Carbon Nanofiber Electrode and Controlled Nanogaps for Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Experiments, Analytical Chemistry, 2006, 78, 6959-6966.
(11) D. A. Walsh, J. L. Fernandez and A. J. Bard, Rapid Screening of Bimetallic Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction in Acidic Media by Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2006, 153, E99-E103.
(10) D. A. Walsh, J. L. Fernandez, J. Mauzeroll and A. J. Bard, Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy. 55. Fabrication and Characterization of Micropipet Probes, Analytical Chemistry, 2005, 77, 5182-5188.
(9) J. L. Fernandez, D. A. Walsh and A. J. Bard, Thermodynamic Guidelines for the Design of Bimetallic Catalysts for Oxygen Electroreduction and Rapid Screening by Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, M-Co (M: Pd, Ag, Au), Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2005, 127, 357-365.
(8) R. J. Forster, D. Mulledy, D. A. Walsh and T. E. Keyes, Impact of Ion Solvation on Charge Transport through [Os(bpy)2 (H2tzt)Cl] in the solid state, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2004, 6, 3551-3556.
(7) D. A. Walsh, T. E. Keyes and R. J. Forster, Modulation of Heterogeneous Electron Transfer Dynamics across the Electrode/Monolayer Interface, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2004, 108, 2631-2636.
(6) R. J. Forster, D. A. Walsh. N. Mano, F. Mao and A. Heller, Modulating the Redox Properties of an Osmium-Containing Metallopolymer through the Supporting Electrolyte and Cross-Linking, Langmuir, 2004, 20, 862-868.
(5) R. J. Forster and D. A. Walsh, Voltammetry: Overview, In the Encyclopedia of Analytical Science, Eds. P. J. Worsfold, A. Townsend and C. F. Poole, Academic Press, 2004.
(4) R. J. Forster and D. A. Walsh, Voltammetry: Organic Compounds, In the Encyclopedia of Analytical Science, Eds. P. J. Worsfold, A. Townsend and C. F. Poole, Academic Press, 2004.
(3) D. A. Walsh, T. E. Keyes and R. J. Forster, Redox Switching in Solid Deposits: Triazole Bridged Osmium Dimers, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2002, 538, 75-85.
(2) D. A. Walsh and E. Dempsey, Comparison of Electrochemical, Electrophoretic and Spectrophotometric Methods for Creatinine Determination in Biological Fluids, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2002, 459, 187-198.
(1) D. A. Walsh, T. E. Keyes and R. J. Forster, Protonation Effects on Superexchange across Gold/osmium bis(bipyridyl) chloride Monolayer Interfaces, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2001, 105, 2792-2799.